The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Monday, November 10, 2014

Olivia Evea Eller - August 10th, 2014

Here we are, August 9th, 2014 I am in the hospital being induced. I want to make sure we remember certain details for sure. The whole being induced part really sucked to say the least, labor was a nightmare and they say you immediately forget the pain well thats not true at all. I will never forget that or at least the parts I remember, there was definitely parts I was on the verge of unconsciousness to say the least and Ben says those are the parts that are engraved in his mind forever. So lets go over the details.
- The Nurses were AMAZING! We loved them all. 1st nurse was Joy who helped with the beginning our overnight nurse was Kim who got there at my worst and helped through it. Epidural was a nightmare by a lady who Ben almost punched in the face. Once we got upstairs after delivery we had Ashley who was Ben's cousin. Everyone we met was wonderful!
- Ben was my rock, he was always there and absolutely amazing. I will never forget all that he did and I am very proud of myself for never once yelling at him (you always hear those horror stories). I am pretty sure I wanted to give up quite a few times and he kept believing in me.
- Both our parents came and helped out in so many ways. By bringing us emergency supplies, sneaking in food and helping out in every way possible.
- It was a beautiful Sunday morning when Olivia arrived. I remember (after the epidural kicked in at I was alert again) at about 8 0r 9:00 am just looking out the window holding Ben's hand and the sun was shining brightly into our window and I said its a Beautiful morning, sun shining, birds flying, angels singing and God praising, the perfect day for our daughter to arrive.
- Delivery was surreal, amazing, wonderful, magical. There are so many ways to describe it. I remember every detail, every push, every squeeze of Ben's hand, the sun in our window, asking if she had hair coming out, Ben's face and tears, having Ben take her and lay her on my chest and watching her eyes open and stare right at us. She arrived at 10:56 a.m.on Sunday morning August 10th, 2014. There was no crying or screaming she just looked at both of us and snuggled in, she grabbed Ben's finger as we talked to her and were amazed at her beautiful big eyes, perfect lips and breathtaking beauty.We stayed like this for quite a while and I never wanted it to end. It was perfection, the 3 of us.

After awhile our families came in and we announced her name... Olivia Evea Eller. She was weighed at 6lbs. 6oz. and measured at 19 1/4 inches long. Everyone was in love and enraptured by her beautiful eyes that looked around at everyone and observed so well, memorizing faces and hearing voices. Throughout the next few days we had many friends and family visit and Olivia stole everyone's heart.

We went home on Monday and were so excited to get her home. Big mistake!! We should of stayed another night. The whole first night was a complete nightmare with no sleeping and constant crying. Luckily we went to the pediatrician the next day and he helped out tremendously. The first week adjusting was rough but wonderful at the same time, Ben and I being there together everyday and spending time as a new family. We are so blessed beyond words and Ben is the most amazing father. Watching him love on her is the best feeling ever. She has her daddy wrapped around her finger in every way possible, same with the rest of us. She was smiling that first week and stole our hearts even more with that look and those eyes. Reggie was amazing and is constantly watching over his little sister.We couldn't ask for anything more. Olivia changed our world and will forever keep changing our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment