The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Here we are 2013!  To ring in the new year Ben and I have been sharing our home with are cousins Jerrad and Molly. They live out in Washington and are home for the holidays for a week and staying with us. So we have been spending time together every night with them and for New Years we just hung out with them and the boys had fun blasting off fireworks! I of course (no surprise here) rang in the new year with a slight fever and sinus infection. Which I might of made a comment about in the last post but I am not on the second round of antibiotics for this one and this week I ended up going in for a Cat Scan of my sinuses so hopefully figure out if something is going on since they seem to be so frequent for me.
Well 2012 was a wonderful year to say the least. I look back at this year and think about hoe extremely blessed Ben and I are. We have two wonderful families and supporting parents who stand by us and love us through all the crazy changes that happen. We are so thankful for them and don't know where we would be without all they have given us.  This year we experienced so many things from Ben's graduation and job changes. We took a fun anniversary trip to the UP that we will always remember. I got a promotion at work. We both love our jobs. We had many cousins and friends that had babies for us to enjoy and watch grow. Grandma turned 85 and still has spunk! We both were in weddings and attended a few more of our friends we got to celebrate with. Our fishing trip to Grayling turned out much more successful this year.  Just to name a few, I am sure there are many more I am forgetting but those are the ones that stick out right now. I look back with many happy memories from the year and I am beyond grateful that I had my best friend and Husband of over 2 years now to share that with. He is so amazing and everyday I can't imagine where we would be without each other, I definitely wouldn't want to go through life's up and downs with anyone else. I am so looking forward to 2013 and the new adventures life brings our way. We have a few exciting things in the works and when we figure them out I will share. Bring it on 2013!

Here we are ringing in the New Year with some fireworks and a Kiss :) 
video


 
On Sunday Ben and I went on a winter date to the ice skating rink at the Muskegon State Park Winter Complex and spent a little time skating around. It had been years and I mean many years since I put on skates so it took awhile to get used to it. There were no falls amazingly and it was so wonderful spending time together and doing something fun and outside. I hope it stays cold enough that we get to go again and do the skating trail through the woods and also I am crossing my fingers that we get enough snow to go snowboarding and skiing at least once! Here is Ben and I on the skating rink all bundled up.


No comments:

Post a Comment