The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving in Outdoor World

Thanksgiving this year was only a little different than previous years. We weren't sure until a few days before if Ben was going to work or not. He definitely had to work on Black Friday though, which let me just say was not fun for him dealing with all those people. Luckily though he did get Thursday off and we spent the morning together sleeping in and going shopping! I know, weird right that we went shopping on Thursday morning. It was actually a really nice time and it wasn't crowded at all and we got some really good deals. Okay wait, as I am writing this I am thinking Ben went hunting, yup he did cuz I remember him saying he saw too many other people, so yeah I guess it was just me that slept in. Oh wait again, no I didn't I got up and worked on editing pictures all morning. HA! I guess it was too good to be true. Back to the shopping we did do that though and it was fun. Then for the afternoon we went over to his parents for a Eller Thanksgiving with all of his side of the family. I ate way too much but it was relaxing and Ben and I came home and it was so weird just spending an evening at home together. Well actually a morning and evening, alone together. I took  a nice long relaxing bath when I got home and then well it was like 8:00 and we decided to go to bed. No joke. Ben had a really early and extra long day at work and we both were full of food and beat. So yeah we turned in pretty early.
Friday I had 4 shoots. Yup 4. A very long day indeed. It went over pretty well, just exhausting. However I was done by like 5 and I can say it was really nice being home before my husband and making him dinner and just being there when he walks in the door. Usually its the other way around so I always really enjoy the evenings where I am playing the 50's housewife :)
Saturday morning we woke up nice and early to head to Chicago to see my brother and his family. My parents had gone down on Thanksgiving on the train and Ben and I stopped to pick up Grandma and she rode with us to their house. I can't tell you how much I missed my nieces, it had been since July that we saw them and I just love giving them big hugs and hearing them talk and tell me silly stories. Ellie Suzanne is 2 and is usually pretty shy but she was so much more open with us this time and let me tell you that girl loves her Uncle Ben. It was so special to see them together. After a little bit we headed out to Bass Pro to see Santa and do some sale shopping. Well who am I kidding we never pass up a Bass Pro or should I say Ben never would. They have a huge santa land there with games and trains and stations and of course Santa. Ben and I had one of the girls and headed into the mall on our own for awhile and then he rode the carousal with them and shot the toy guns and bows and we all had a lot of fun.  Once back at the house my sister in law made a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for all of us and then it wasn't long after that I tucked the girls into bed and headed there myself.
The next morning we headed back and stopped at Cabelas on the way home and of course spent a lot more time shopping there where we picked up a meat grinder for the deer meat so Ben doesn't have to go somewhere to do it every time. Now he can process it at home.
A long, exhausting weekend but definitely a fun weekend and I was so glad to spend more time with the girls and family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment