The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dec. 8th

I seriously thought I had blogged after this crazy weekend (Dec. 6- 8) but apparently I didn't, so now I am desperately late on any December posts. Well Thursday December 6th I drove down to Jackson to shoot an evening in the Academy of the Arts dance studio for the Christmas photos of the Nutcracker Production. I usually make a trip down for the shows on most occasions not always the Christmas shows but this year they asked me to take some group shots from the Nutcracker scenes. So I went thinking it would be nice to make a little money off of it right before Christmas and I never expected the turn out of kids and groups I had.It was a lot of work right before Christmas but at the same time it was a pleasant surprise.I hope I am able to do that more often. On Friday I stayed for Rehearsal and then joined my Grandma and Mom for the traditional Hanging of the Greens at SAU. It had been quite a while since I had been back on campus and my Mom was excited to show me her new office and all the renovations they have made to the main building. They had snacks and hot chocolate and shot off fireworks at the end of the night so it was definitely an enjoyable evening and helped me leap into the Holiday season even more.  On Saturday I took Grandma and Mom to lunch and then Grandma and I went to the first showing of the Nutcracker and I shot pictures during the 2 shows on Saturday. It was nice spending time with them the last weekend and this weekend doing holiday things. On Sunday the 8th I went with the Eller side and did a day trip to Frankenmuth. Which is always a fun trip. We went to the Bass Pro over there too which I had never been to that one so it was cool to see. Ben and I picked out a new Christmas ornament for our tree (and one for Reggie) at Bronners. Its becoming a tradition for us.  The next week we were able to decorate our tree with all the ornaments and I do have to say it might be my favorite tree this year. We moved it from behind the couch to in front of it int he corner so that when we are watching tv or sitting on the couch you can see it now and I love just snuggling up on the couch and watching the lights sparkle on it. I love Christmas. I love it more spending it with my hubby and our families.
For all the Pictures from the Nutcracker visit my facebook page here to view them:
Nutcracker Photos



                                   Our Christmas Tree all lit up :)




 Nutcracker Photos







No comments:

Post a Comment