The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Blessings

So between trying to catch up on Nutcracker Photos, Gymnastics meetings and Meets on the weekends and last minute Christmas orders..... I actually made it to Christmas. It definitely was a very busy season and it all caught up with me yesterday and today. Made a trip to the Doctor this morning for another sinus infection :( Blah.... I'm feeling pretty miserable today for sure,at least I am not working at the YMCA for these two weeks and I can rest up.
Thursday the 20th was my last day of work there and I was frantically trying to get orders done and everything shipped out by Friday so that they would be delivered by xmas. On Friday the 21st it was my Grandma Blanchards 85th birthday. Mom, Dad and her all drove up for the weekend and we took Grandma out to lunch. I can't even begin to describe how much my Grandma means to me or how much she has impacted my life in a positive way. She is a symbol of strength and faith and I can always go to her with anything and talk through things. In the past 5 or so years we have grown extremely close and she has helped me grow into a woman in many ways. I am so thankful she is as healthy and full of spunk at 85 and I hope it never fades. I don't know what I would do without her in my life supporting me. Happy Birthday Grandma!
So Friday night the rest of my family arrived and I was so excited to see my nieces! It was a wonderful weekend getting to spend so much time with them. So including everyone in the house we had 7 adults and 2 kiddos for 4 days and on Saturday we hosted for our extended family Christmas and my cousins and Aunt and Uncle joined us making 15 adults and 10 kiddies under the age of 6. Oh yeah and 2 dogs! Yup thats right 10 kids! It was really nice to have everyone at our house though. Sunday we had "Christmas in Michigan" where Santa visits MI. and the girls felt like it was Christmas Day here and we woke up and had breakfast and opened gifts/ Then Sunday evening we took the girls to our Christmas Eve service at church. It was a wonderful weekend with family and I am glad everything went smoothly and we spent time together.
Christmas day we went to Ben's parents for breakfast and then Christmas gifts. And back again in the afternoon for Christmas dinner with his extended family.
All in all Christmas this year went really well with both our families. We are very blessed with the love and support we get from our parents and I just felt so Lucky and Grateful for what we have together and our parents and Grandparents. I think this Christmas has been my favorite so far. Even though it was crazy busy right before it was just a wonderful, blessed time.


                                  Grandma with her 10 Great Grand Kids

  Rylie and Ellie


 Our Tree with all the presents!


Ellie opening gifts
 Rylie opening gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment