The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pink Minnows

The past two weekends on Sunday Ben and I have been out on the boat with friends and family fishing. Last Sunday ended up being a better night with a few small catches and then a joint effort of little Dylans miss on a big fish and Michael catching it. I believe it was a dogfish. This was also my first time out on a boat fishing with a pole, we always go fly fishing and so we have different rods and cast different and its not the same thing at all, other then the catching fish part. Two years ago for my birthday Ben bought me a pink fishing pole, well I finally got to put it to use! I know we seem to go fishing a lot but like I said pole fishing's different and I just use one of the family's fly rods when we go out so we just haven't gotten a chance to get out and use the normal poles.  This past Sunday we were so happy to have Ben's niece and nephew join us on the boat and playing some mini golf after. It's always fun getting to hang out with them and I wish we could do it more often. I know the boys, Ben, Michael and his Dad really enjoyed having them there with us. They don't get to take them out fishing much either so it was a real treat!  Hopefully we can get out and do it again before summers over, I think the kids enjoyed themselves and had a lot of fun.  The girls wanted pink minnow lures and two of us had pink poles so we brought the girly side to it between me and the two little ones! The other cool thing we saw was I think a red-tail hawk perched in a tree over the lake and it was screaming out. Pretty cool, I tried to get some good shots with the camera but they are so far away and I haven't had a chance to zoom in and edit them yet. But I do have some unedited fishing pics to share of course!







No comments:

Post a Comment