The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Thursday, July 19, 2012

NIght on the water

So last night Ben and I were just sitting on the couch watching tv and eating dinner and our friend Steve called up and asked if we would take the jetski out so he could try out his new kneeboard. So out we went on the lake and Ben and him took a few turns each. Then it was just about sunset so we headed out for a ride on the big lake. It was like glass and so pretty! The lake has been crystal clear lately and so it was beautiful, the sun setting and the glistening water. It was just so relaxing and fun. In the channel on the way out and back in there were swarms of flying fish, literally. The boys said I was like a kid on Christmas, I couldn't stop yelling" look!, look over there. look at them jump. did you see that. are you looking. look. look"  It was really cool and I have never seen fish jump so much and so often like that! On the rivers we see the occasional jump but this was like a school of fish all jumping together it was crazy insane.
After we got out of the water we sat down and got some ice cream and then played some tennis. First time in a super long time but it was really fun and a really nice, free nice evening out with my husband. I just love days like that.

p.s. - I'm definitely sick again. Seriously. Its a never ending cycle. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you know that jetskis are supposed to get off the lake 1/2 hour before sunset (I believe that is the law in Michigan) because jetskis have no running lights. FYI

    ReplyDelete