The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The end of 2011

Goodbye Holidays! They have come and gone and I have not blogged. It's definitely been a whirlwind of a holiday season and here I am on New Years Eve blogging for the first time since before Thanksgiving. We have done so much. Let's start with Thanksgiving we spent the day with the Eller family and then on Friday we headed to Chicago to visit for the weekend with my brother and family and my nieces. December then came and we had a day trip to Traverse City and Three Christmases and lots of Company. We have had company for almost two weeks. Ben's cousin Jerrad and his wife Molly came for a week from Washington and also my family has been up a few times over the season. The mid of December I got severe strep throat and was on antibiotics for 10 days and then still wasn't feeling better for a few days and felt better and then it came back with a vengeance including a sinus infection and so back on antibiotics here I am. I feel like December I have been completely useless and done nothing but lay on the couch. With a winter break from work and all the last minute photo christmas orders done I don't have a lot on my plate. Which has been truly nice but also I am not quite sure what to do with myself. Ben tells me to just relax and get better and makes me do nothing, literally and I am going insane. But obviously if its taking over 3 weeks to to get over strep throat then apparently I do need rest. Its just hard sitting.
January will be a stressful and yet hopefully turning over a new leaf. Ben is on the job hunt and we don't know if it will turn up as a temp job or something more permanent that he enjoys. I hope he enjoys it regardless but I know it might not happen that a dream job comes a long right away. So we will see. Keep your fingers crossed for us and send prayers our way as we embark on a new chapter together.

No comments:

Post a Comment