The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hello Septemeber!

I guess a new month is going to be here before we know it. Ben and I had a great holiday weekend. It was nice for me to not have any jobs and just kinda enjoy the last weekend of summer. Since with the weather change it may just be that, the last weekend of summer. I am sure we will be out to the beach or on the jetskit or boat a few more times, but I can't say it will be back in the 80s again. This week has gone so fast! I was look forward to it because I have a lot of senior work I need to catch up on and well now its half way done and I have a crazy busy weekend so there is no chance of having time to work this weekend. I leave for Jackson early Friday morning and I have a senior and a newborn shoot on Friday, Saturday a wedding and then two seniors on Sunday! Crazy eh? It will be long for sure, although I am excited about Ben coming down to help me with the wedding on Saturday. At least I will be able to see him and Reggie a little bit and it will be nice to have him help my parents with a few things around the house. Back to this week, we had a week off of work from the YMCA since we are in between sessions. So along with catching up on work and running errands, preparing for a new schedule, it has been very nice to spend more time with Ben. He is back in school Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays and we are so excited it is the last semester! This morning I woke up at 7 a.m. when he did and made him a packed lunch and then sent him off and I got an early start in on my pictured editing. Then tonight I made a big dinner in the crockpot and I forgot how much I like cooking and preparing for him to come home to at night. We didn't get a chance to do that very often at all this summer since he worked every night. (I am going to go backwards in time again) Yesterday was a really fun day, Ben and I ran a lot of errands and then we went for a drive up to the woods to scout out for deer season. We took Reggie and had a nice walk and time together as a little family. I had homemade chili cooking in the crockpot and we got back and were a little chilled and it was the perfect thing to come home to on these new fall days. I am definitely going to miss that part of the evenings next week when I start back at work.
More seniors and editing has been non stop. I finished a wedding today and have about 4 more seniors to go to catch up. I am glad I am getting all this senior business though I have been enjoying it a lot (just not so much all the editing part since its so time consuming).
Ben and I decided to start working on our Christmas lists and buying presents early this year. Last year we got stuck at the end and ran out of money and I want to spread it out more this year so we aren't spending so much at the last minute, it totally kills ya! So I am excited all ready! Its easy to come up with a list for him, harder for me. I feel like I don't need anything thats not house stuff, or business stuff (which is super expensive). But I am having a really hard time thinking of things that i just want, not for the house or for work, that I could just enjoy.
Well Ben should be home any second and I need to get dinner ready!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how fast time goes huh? It was great to spend my last beach day with you! We'll have to plan to get together again soon! Enjoy your week and I hope you get caught up quick so you can enjoy this fall weather!

    ReplyDelete