The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Monday, May 17, 2010

So much to say...

So there is so much to say, I don't even know where to begin. It has been awhile and there has just been so much going on. I think April and May have been I swear the busiest months ever. I can't remember when I was this busy, but then I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. I still think it is last summer and here we are 5 months till I get married! WOW! Everyday I am still in shock, everything has gone so fast and I can remember just meeting Ben like it was yesterday and yet I can't imagine my life without him in it now. He is so amazing and brings out the best in me, I wish we could get married tomorrow! With as fast as time is flying by it will be here before we know it. I'm so excited. As for the wedding planning, it hasn't gone as fast or as smooth as I hoped but it is coming. We have our first Bridal shower on June 5th so we have been registering a lot lately. It is such a process! I wish I had more time to do it and slowing I am making more time for everything.
As to all the busyness this past month, I have moved out of my house and into basically a storage unit and stuff at the parents trailer, my car and stuff at the parents house. So right now everything is chaotic and I can't find like half the things I own! Goodness! I also had been working a lot and traveling back and forth between the photography studio in Lansing and Muskegon every week, so after some long talks with my family and Ben we decided it would be best if I put my two weeks in there, there's just a lot going on behind scenes and family stuff and getting too stressed out, with all the photography work from my own business going on right now and coming up like every weekend in the summer its just more stress on not only me but my whole family. So that was a big and stressful decision. But as for only being a few days in, I feel that it was the right decision and I feel at peace about it. Also this past week I did my huge photo job at the Academy of the Arts dance studio and had like 1000 little ballerinas, jazz, tap and gymnastic dancers to shoot their portraits in their recital costumes! It's always a very fun job, I do it for 4 days in a row. It is also very exhausting too and it takes me a few weeks to edit and print all the photos, so it takes its toll. It's extra taking a toll physically on my body this year because my computer is in the trailer for right now and there is no good desk or counter space for me to work, so I have to sit at the snack bar on a bar stool (not comfbortable) so I am not on a good level with the counter and its just killing my back and neck and everything else!
Let's see what else is going on, oh yeah so the moving situation, we have been frantically searching for a house since like February. The tax credit thing ended April 30th, so that past few months have been in house after house every week and then finding one we love and putting a bid in and back and forth, we found a few that we fell and loved with and with everyone something happened int he buying process and we have had to make a wise decision and walk away :( Seriously the buying a house process is so depressing! I mean your hopes get up and down and ughhh its just so hard! So anyways we are now renting a 2 story condo on a golf course for a few years. Then we are even more financially stable we will start the house hunt again. So hopefully moving in day will be soon, but maybe not for a month or so yet.
Wedding season is beginning! I have had a few engagement photo jobs this week and am getting everything organized for summer weddings. Definitely going to be a busy time!
This past weekend I drove my grandma and parents down to Chicago so we could see and meet my new niece! My brother had a baby girl a few weeks ago named Ellie Suzanne Kingsley..... they named her after me! I was so shocked and surprised and I am so blessed to have a namesake now! She was so sweet and beautiful and its fun to see Rylie who is now almost 3 and in that toddler stage where everytime we see her she is totally different and has learned so many new things and grows more and more.

So to say the least these past few months have been nothing but chaos. I know I am missing sharing so many things that have gone on, but right now I can't even think straight. Hopefully from here on out I will be better at writing because there is so many things going on that I want to write and remember. Basically I don't know if anyone reads this but for me its my online journal I like to call it :)

So I have lots of pics to post and hopefully more stories to tell, so I will try my best to keep up!

Time for some much needed sleep.


This song makes me smile because I have a love affair with water too :)
Can't wait for summer!!!



Currently Listening to:
Brad Paisley: American Saturday Night
Water ~

On A river Bank,
With all my friends
A big old rope tied to a limb, And your a big old wuss
If you don’t jump in
... The water
Yeah when that summer sun starts to beatin’ down
And you don’t know what to do
Grab your swimming trunks, Ice up that old igloo

Drive until the map turns blue

No comments:

Post a Comment