The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Busy Weekend

So long weekend and a very packed weekend! As I mentioned last week I went in for an interview and got the job! Well for all of those who didn't know and I didn't tell too many but I got a second job shooting at a photo studio. It is mainly a children's studio, you may have seen them in some malls their like little scene set ups and little kids can come in and the parents can pick a little scene for the kid to play and get photographed in. I wanted to try and find something within my field and something I could gain experience from and learn from working with others too, so this is perfect. I think I will enjoy it a lot. Plus it will give me lots of practice for future kid shoots with my own business. The thing is I am taking over for someone else that their letting go, so I am jumping right in and have my own shifts this week! So nervewracking! I know it will work out, just right now between Maranatha and ForeverAngels I am quite busy and semi exhausted. But all good and am very glad I got the job!
As for this weekend I didn't get a break until Saturday morning (this week was packed full at Maranatha with SALTS) so Saturday morning I wake up and work at 7:30am and then as soon as I am done hop in the car with Ben and drive home to J-town. My family hasn't seen me for a few weeks so they were all quite lonely for me :) So spent some time with them and then went to Ashley's for Maeve's 2nd birthday party! It was a lot of fun and I was so happy to see Ash and Ang and Maeve who was the cutest ever! It was a short trip but always feels really great to hang out with your friends and catch up. Then drove back up Saturday night to go to work and then wake up Sunday morning and head to church then potluck then I went with Ben and his whole family to the orchard/farm for the day and that was soooooooo much fun! I love loved it. I took a lot of pics of that and will definitely post them! So Sunday back to the chiropractor then off to the new job for some training, which turned into working the night shift! So basically spent the day there yesterday which was good, feel pretty comfortable and met some new people which I will work with and are super nice! Which brings me to today this morning had Maranatha meeting and then went and bought a new camera and some lenses!! The thing is, it isn't a canon one, its olympus. Which is so weird since I have been shooting with Canon forever and have all the equipment. But I have been researching and talked to a lot of people who have made the switch. So we are testing it out before I make the complete switch. I am excited because I have a shoot this weekend and will be able to test it out. And I am so excited about this engagement shoot and am hoping to get some pretty sweet pictures because the couple it the cutest and the shoot is in Traverse City which should be gorgeous!
So for now... thats my update!
Check back soon for some pics :)


Currently Listening to:
Carrie Underwood: Play On
Cowboy Casanova~

He’s a good time cowboy casanova
Leaning up against the record machine
Looks like a cool drink of water
But he’s candy-coated misery
He’s the devil in disguise
A snake with blue eyes
And he only comes out at night
Gives you feelings that you don’t want to fight
You better run for your life

No comments:

Post a Comment