The Story of Us

The Story of Us

Sunday, July 19, 2009

My First Fishing Adventure!

So Friday Night I invited myself to go along with Ben and his dad to go fishing. I know it's not really my thing and well I did go wade into the water when they were up in Baldwin but I didn't attempt to cast or even touch a rod, so that didn't count. So I mean its the middle of summer now and I am actually really surprised Ben hasn't dragged me out there yet! He even took my dad out! So he really loves it a lot and I want to enjoy and take part in what he loves doing so I figured I could tag along and start my first lesson. So his mom, dad, Ben and I went over to Rockford (stopped at Arnie's for dinner and got free cupcakes!) and went into a big river and I got my first lesson. My favorite part is actually just putting on the huge waders that go up to my shoulders and wade into the river and not actually get wet! Haha! So yeah apparently I am pretty decent at casting already, by the way we were fly fishing not normal fishing (whatever thats called). But I didn't catch anything, no one even got a bite, but at least I got some casting practice in and hopefully next time I'll get a catch. Although I am thinking when I actually do, I'll probably freak out enough that I'll either drop the rod or somehow let the fish escape haha. Guess we'll see. Here's a few pics though!
And tomorrow I'll post wedding pics!








Currently Listening to:
Jake Owen: Easy Does It

Don't Think I Can't Love You ~

So girl I can't buy you a big diamond ring
No house on a hill full of life's finer things

And I'll tell you right now there's a whole lot that I just can't do

Oh, but baby don't think I can't love you



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Suz I love the pictures!!!

    Ben is so cute -- I like you two.
    It's fun that I can keep up with what's going on with you even when we are far apart!

    Miss you! Can't wait to see you in about 2 weeks for the wedding...

    love, breanna

    ReplyDelete